You have a lot of social network sites that require passwords. Have you ever wondered how you are going to secure your social media passwords? Each site should have its own separate password. How do you do that and keep sane?
Things to focus on for using social media networks safely:
- Each site requires its own separate and different password
- These passwords need to be changed on a regular basis
- You should never use a password over again
- If two-step verification if it is available, make sure you use it. This will require a 6 digit number to be entered that you receive via text
- Never send passwords via email; it’s not secure
- Clear your web browser cache when you are done so no passwords are saved in your browser
- If you get notification of suspicious activity, change your password immediately
This video from LastPass ought to get you thinking about what you are doing with your passwords. Lots of good information here. Remember that I want you to be safe.
This sounds like a lot of work. You need a simple solution that’s time effective and easy to use. I am using Lastpass.com for my social media business. It’s all that and more. I recommend it to all my workshop participants and clients. It just works. And by the way, I am in no way associated with Lastpass.com. I just like sharing products and services that help business work better.
Want some more info? Go to the alphasocialmediainc.com site