Jeff is the President of Alpha Social Media Inc and the founder of Alpha Computer Training and Consulting. Alpha Social Media Inc was incorporated in January of 2012. Alpha Computer Training and Consulting has been in business since March 2007, and will close at the end of 2012. Alpha Social Media Inc will take over all functions of Alpha Computer Training and Consulting. Here are some of the noteworthy achievements since 2007:
- In 2008, Alpha Computer Training and Consulting was named as a top ten start up business in Nova Scotia.
- In 2009, Alpha Computer Training and Consulting was named as a finalist for the RBC Small Business of the Year Award in Truro, Nova Scotia.
- In 2010, Alpha Computer Training and Consulting was awarded the Crime Stoppers Appreciation Award for the Facebook “Leave A Tip” tab. Alpha Computer Training and Consulting helped Crime Stoppers gain access to crime tips via Facebook. This was a world first.
- In 2012, Jeff Brown published his first eBook entitled “Essential Twitter Skills For Business“.
As a “Certified AWENS Instructor” Jeff Brown has delivered over 1400 hours of “Workplace Education Programs” in Nova Scotia for the Department of Labour and Advanced Education. These 40 hour programs have been highly successful in providing businesses with the social media and computer skills they need in the current marketplace. Jeff has taught social media and computer programs in Truro, Halifax, Dartmouth, Amherst, Elmsdale, Bedford, Amherst and other areas of Nova Scotia.
Jeff’s social media workshops and several “Lunch and Learns” sessions focusing on social media, web site marketing and other technology topics are highly sought after and have filled his schedule because of positive word of mouth advertising and his proficiency in the topic. Jeff has facilitated these workshops for organizations such as RE/MAX, Exit Realty, TMG, CoRDA, CEED, Hants RDA, Big Brothers Big Sisters, and CBDC’s around Nova Scotia.
I have taught computer skills from the basics to the complex to both Provincial and Federal Government employees as well as to profit and not for profit businesses.
Since 2008, I have trained with the Halifax Canadian Association of Professional Speakers (CAPS). I have spoken professionally at:
- the World Crime Stoppers Training Conference,
- the Canadian Police College ”Social Media Preparedness: Positioning your organization to lead and embrace change” Conference,
- the NSCDA “Leadership in Career Development Conference,
- the Non Timber Forestry Products (NTFP) Conference and
- other speaking events throughout Nova Scotia.
I am also the webmaster for the www.alphacomputer.ca web site as well as other business web sites and Facebook Pages.
I am also a monthly contributor for the Truro & Colchester Chamber of Commerce magazine. This allows me to share information that can help business adapt to changes in technology and social media.